There are tons of articles about dealing with stress, so maybe another isn’t needed. But, unhappiness and ill health from stress is so prevalent it can’t hurt to provide the following list I adapted from an article I read in a Canyon Ranch newsletter.
It’s amazing the way all the same suggestions keep coming up to address the different areas of our health and well-being. As you will see, the list is full of old favorites:
- Eat Well
- Get Enough Sleep
- Get Physically Active—that doesn’t mean you have to do a major workout. Just do something.
- Connect With Others—whether hanging out with friends or volunteering in your community helping other people, social interaction is great for stress relief.
- Do Some Fun Stuff—Laughing is a wonderful stress reliever and there are many places to find laughter—being with fun friends, watching a funny movie, or watching a funny video on the Web, to name a few.
- Touch Somebody—my yoga instructor says you need 16 hugs a day. It’s not easy to arrange that, but I certainly agree that hugs are great.
- Get Someone to Talk To—whether a friend or a professional, talking over your issues will help you feel better and perhaps help you come up with better ways to deal with them.
How do you deal with stress? Join the conversation with your comments…