Joshua Becker is one of my favorite bloggers. He’s been writing for years about minimalism here. His writing style is extremely appealing (and he once gave me excellent writing advice I’ve been following ever since he edited a piece I wrote for his blog).
My favorite 2022 blog post of his was 100 Things I’d Say to My 18-Year-Self About Minimalism. I suggest you check out all 100 of his excellent suggestions. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Marry someone that’s on the same page you are.
- Don’t buy the crystal. You’ll never use it.
- Just because it’s on sale doesn’t mean you need it.
- Experiences with loved ones will be what you cherish throughout life, not the stuff you accumulate.
- Under no circumstances should you ever rent a storage space.
- Start minimalism young and invest your money instead.
- Patience, not instant gratification, is the gateway to a more joyful life.
- Sell your used college textbooks. You’re never going to look at them again.
- Buy less, donate your time and money to those less fortunate.